Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hedgerow Hawthorn Hearts !

Since we have had a lot of time on our hands lately (been moored in the Marina over winter and this week we are on the hard stand at Stafford Boat Club, painting the bottom of the boat) - I have  been feeling 'crafty' ...

I found a load of twigs under the Hawthorn bushes on one of our recent towpath walks - and had an idea what I could do with them ... et voila !  Hedgerow Hearts ... I am loving making them - it is just that we now have a boat full of Hawthorn Hearts ... so I might be palming a few of them off to folk along the way (whether they like it ot not !!).

Anyway, here they are ... I am going to put some embelishments on them, but it is work in progress at the moment!
 
 
 


Whilst I was making them I had an 'aha' moment !  I was making hearts out of Hawthorn twigs ... Hawthorn (as a herbal tincture) is one of the best remedies for the heart !  Well ... I was excited anyway and thought I would write up a bit in next blog entry all about the mighty Hawthorn ...

Stay tuned !
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment